1. How secure is Byblos Bank IB?
2. How can I make sure that I am connected to Byblos Bank official site and not to other parties?
Byblos Bank has secured its Internet Banking services according to International Security Standards including a very high level of encryption (128 bits). However, users should secure their working environment as well. Here are some useful recommendations:
- Choose a password that is hard to guess:
- Minimum eight characters
- Mix numeric and alphabetical and special characters (ex: Aqwer!bn)
- Avoid using dictionary words or known facts such as your birth date, first name, spouse name, favorite sports team, etc.
- Do not choose the same login name and password.
- Never Reveal your password.
- If you are connecting from a public place, make sure that no one is looking over your shoulder or peeping at your screen.
- If you need to leave your workstation for a short period of time, log out from the Internet Banking application and use a password protected screen saver.
- If you are sharing your computer with others, always log on to Windows or Macintosh under your personal account and log out before leaving.
When users connect to Byblos Bank Internet Banking, a small yellow lock appears on the right corner. At the bottom of the screen, double click on the lock, a window entitled "Certificate" will pop up.3. Can more than one user of Byblos Bank IB use the same computer?
Make sure that it is issued to "byblosonline.com" and that it is not expired.
Yes, several users can use the same computer for Internet Banking.4. When and where can I access the IB?
It is highly recommended, though, that each user logs to windows under his/her own username and password.
The IB program is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can access your IB from anywhere in the world provided you have internet access, Internet Explorer 6.0 and above and you are using a browser that supports a 128 bit encryption.
Byblos Bank IB can also be accessible through Mobile phones and Macs using compatible Opera browsers.